Wednesday, September 14, 2011

September

Soybeans?  Have you ever grown them in your garden?  My in-laws did this year and they gave me some to try.  Its my new favorite vegetable!  I had no idea what to do with them, so after they were picked they sat in a bag in my fridge for over a week (procrastination) .  Finally I blanched them for about 5 minutes, threw them in some ice water, then Owen and I squeezed them out of each pod.  It was kinda fun and very easy.  After they dried, we tasted them.  They are surprisingly delicious.  I could eat a handful for a snack!  I've also put them in salads.  They kinda taste like a nut of some sort.  Very good and VERY healthy.  I read that I can also use them as a "meat extender" like in chili or other casseroles or soups.  Anyway, I learned something new this month.



What a mean looking group! Scott and 2 other dads took their boys and 2 of ours on a bike/camping trip.  They did a 12 mile ride.  The word  was it was fun but HARD!  They came home tired and sore.  But had a great time!


Davis is doing a tremendous job learning to read.  He is catching on so quick.  Its amazing to see how each of my boys learn differently and at different rates.  We started the year with only knowing a few sounds to some letters.  He's now reading 3 and 4 letter words.  Im so proud of him!


Hmmmm...a new fall look?  I get my hair done a couple of times a year and last week I went for a much needed trim and highlight.  We decided to try the part down the middle.  I'm trying to get used to it.  For so many years, I've tilted my head to the right or left.  Never thought keeping it centered would take so much work!  Haha...

3 comments:

pammycakes said...

davis get a cheer from me...and i love the hair....cute....

Adrienne said...

Like your new look. :) Very cute. Sounds like lots of fun things happening in the Yoder house this month. Miss you.

Darlene Schacht said...

What a beautiful blog and family. It's my first time here.