Today is our Chapman's birthday. I remember the day he was born and his birth vividly. He was delivered "sunny side up" as they call it. Most often babies come out face down. This is the easiest way for them to glide through the birth canal. Chapman on the other hand was face up which prolongs the birth and is very exhausting for momma! It was a scary time in that, since he was my third, I thought I had mastered this delivery thing and everything I had done before wasn't working! The saddest part was that after he was delivered he had the saddest cry and pouty face for about a half hour. It was as if he was telling us how horrible it was! BUT...since that day Chapman has been the happiest child ever! He's often referred to, on the Yoder side, as Happy Chappy. He has been a blessing to our family and to others. I am so excited to see what God has in store for his life and those he influences. Its been a great day...it started with a fog delay so he got to sleep in a little, I took him out to lunch and tonight we are headed out to dinner (using a gift card to a chinese buffet).
Happy 11th Birthday Chapman Reed Yoder!
2 comments:
i was there holding my breath because he wouldn't come out.... what a blessing that boy has been.. wish i could see them all....love you Hudson.. Gramma sherrill
Happy Birthday, Chapman! Our Hudson was also born that same way...I wonder if it's something about those 3rd children. :)
Post a Comment