Today, Mother's Day, might have seemed pretty ordinary to some. In fact I got some funny looks this morning at church when I answered the question, "so... do you have something special planned for today?". Scott and the boys asked me what I wanted and I had 3 simple requests.
1. A picture BEFORE church with my boys
2. Home cooked meal with my favorite food on the grill
3. Everyone's help getting a couple flower beds ready ?!?
Above is what the side of the barn looked like when we moved in. I started working on it last fall. (This is a picture of the un-done side, I didn't take a before picture of the side we finished.)
Below is the finished product! The boys worked hard finding the perfect rocks for the border and loading and unloading the pea-gravel. I have some plants in but need to get more. I hope to find some great climbing plants to grow on my fence gate (we found in the barn).
We got so much done! My body hurts we worked so hard.
It was a perfect day for me!
4 comments:
oh kelly that is darling...i love it.....soooooooo perfect...can't wait to see what you fill it with.....
very talented girl..... now its' time to put kittens on......
sounds like a perfect mother's day! you were brilliant to request the photo BEFORE church. thankfully we managed one after church, but we did it outside church instead of waiting til we got home and the play clothes are put on instantly!
I have plenty of purple cone flowers you can dig up--and some coreopsis (little yellow flowers). Let me know!
Post a Comment