Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Kittens

If you would have told me that I'd be the owner of 14 cats...I would have laughed and said you were crazy. Well...last August we picked up 2 kittens to have as barn cats. They did their job, we never did see a single mouse in or near our house all winter. They ended up being great cats. Very friendly and low maintenance. We noticed about 3 weeks ago, them waddling as they walk and feeling a little bit heavier than usual. You guessed it, they were both pregnant. The boys were so excited and I was looking forward to the experience with them. This will be their ONLY litter as we will have them fixed ASAP;)


Granger (above) came to our front porch Monday morning...NOT pregnant. After calling friends for advice, we went out looking for the kittens. We searched high and low in the barn. Finally one of the boys went out behind the barn and under an old plastic pond form were 6 tiny kittens. All different colors. Today we moved them all to the barn and they are doing great.
Meanwhile, Boots delivered 6 kittens as well today. I will post more pics to come. She is also out behind the barn and we plan to move her tomorrow. What a fun little day care they will be running out there. Im told they need about 6 weeks to wein off their momma. So let me know if you'd like a FREE kitten!
What a day!



3 comments:

Hope E said...

Holy cow 14 cats thats a lot of cats!!! I bet the boys are sooo excited!! Tell the cats Congrats!!lol They look cute I'll have to come over some time to see them. Hope everything is well other than the Cats.

Sherrill Christen said...

i want one, but live to far away... sorry..... love them all...what fun for the boys.....

Adrienne said...

Oh my word, that looks like so much fun! You will definitely not have a mouse problem this summer. :) Wish we lived closer so we could come hold them...