Many of you know that my Grandma Craiger (as you refer to her as also:) has been living here in Plymouth at an assisted living center since July. She came from the D.R. where she lived with my parents off and on for 2 years. She had been having some health issues so they brought her back here. She was doing pretty well at the home, although she has fallen several times over the last 6 months. Last Sunday I got a call that she had fallen and she had requested for the ambulance to come. I knew that wasn't a good sign. Over the course of the next 4 days, her condition worsened to the point of her kidneys and heart failing. Late Thursday evening it came to an end as Grandma took her last breath here on earth and took her first breath in her eternal home in Heaven. It was a very emotional 4 days, not knowing what the outcome would be. God was so good in allowing us all to be near her side her last days of life. We were able to tell her how much we loved her and she could also muster enough strength to tell us the same. She was such a strong woman all of her life, very independent. Even in her state at the assisted living home, she would often say she hated to be a burden and to have to depend on us so much. I am so thankful that she is free from pain now and is living the life she always wanted. Most importantly she is worshiping our Savior face to face! How we long for that someday! As my husband put it, "Her faith has been made sight!". It is still sad for us to picture life with out Grandma. She has always been such a huge part of it. I will miss her sacrificial love and servants heart. She was always willing to give of her self to make sure we were cared for. What an example to all of us she was.
Proud to be called her grandchildren!
7 comments:
Grandma Craiger was such a wonderful, sweet woman. She will be missed. I want to be like her when I grown up! :) I am praying for you and your family... Love you, friend!
love what you wrote... gramma was like my mom after my mom went to be with the Lord.... we have lots of memories together Kelly.... love all the pictures..... very sweet!!! hugs to all.........
Loved her so much! She will truly truly be missed! Def cried when I heard about her home going! Praying for you guys! Love you all!!
Continuing to pray--the world feels a little dimmer when such a precious saint goes on to Glory. I am glad that you were blessed with a Grandma so dear. Sounds like the Grandma one hopes to aspire to...In Him, Brenda
I'm so sorry to read of your great loss Kelly, but rejoice with you and your assurance of seeing her again someday. I pray that our heavenly Father will bring you comfort as you grieve her separation from you.
What a precious blog post! I picture our Grandmas hanging out in heaven together. :)
I realize that life doesn't feel "seamless" for those of us left behind--meaning that loss is painful and difficult. Last night in LT group one of the questions focused on What is Eternal Life--the Sunday School answer is God and it happens to be the right answer. Through the tears and pain I try to hold onto this--from earth--to heaven. May you continue to feel the out-pouring of love from the body of Christ.
Post a Comment