Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Inspiration

I'm excited at the fact that I think I have one room in my house exactly the way I want it. I know it takes time. Scott surprised me last week by telling me to go get the rug I had found here in town. We had been looking for a while and I finally found "the one":) Kmart of all places... they have a 'Country Living' line of homegoods that I love. It's become a cozy place to sit and do our quiet time or look at magazines.




Little by little Scott and his dad have gotten almost all of our trim done in the new addition.


Here is where I'm stumped right now. I am need of some inspiration for our new master bedroom. If you remember our former house, I had 2 old doors as our headboard. I've used those for I think 10 years and I just need something different. I'm considering using one, putting it horizontal, painting it black and putting a ledge on the top. We'll see...I'm open for ideas!


4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Yay, this is a fun post to see!!! I love what you've done already... Looks great!

pammycakes said...

large black letters numbers mixed with black and white pictures in black frames.....throw in pearls!!

Tammy said...

I like your idea! Black would look great with your dresser! It is all looking so comfy and cozy! Just the place to relax and unwind on a long winter day!

the back door said...

i vote for the horizontal door!! that is what we have - but i'm still waiting for the ledge to go on top. ours is mint green on the back and came out of the methodist church downtown:)