Thursday, February 3, 2011

Is it really only February 3rd?

Its only the third of February! It feels like this week has lasted forever! We were a part of the "Blizzard of 2011". Although our area did not get the worst of it, it stretched across 22 states and 2,000 miles. We've been off school for 2 days now, with an early dismissal on Tues (the last time I was out!). The boys have had fun of course.

Below is a picture I thought was a neat contrast. The tree in our yard being bear, no leaves, no life really. And my beautiful Azalea bush I received from my Grandma's funeral. Full of beauty and full of life. I'm thankful that it brightens my day. I hope it lasts for a while!


Scott enjoying his new toy. Boy was he thankful he bought it a few months ago. It took him 2 1/2 hours to blow the snow...can't imagine how long it would take to shovel!

Our counter top finally made it here. After several glitches, its here and we love it!

We could finally hook up sinks.


A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned looking for the perfect, unique headboard. Well, one day down in our basement, I noticed an old barn door used to separate 2 of the rooms. I took it off the hinges and scraped the paint the best I could. I actually liked it before but something about sleeping with falling lead based paint...Scott said no. So I scraped and scraped so it should be safe now. I think once it is decent outside, I'll put a clear top coat on it.

I have to say, I'm so thankful for a hubby that allows me to be 'rustic'. Not many others would go for what I like! He loves my sense of style and I'm so grateful!

6 comments:

the back door said...

i love the headboard!! and the counter top:) we are thinking of using your first one for our bathroom redo!

we went out for donuts and coffee this morning just to get out!

pammycakes said...

i love the headboard....good idea...i love the sinks and the mirrors and the light fixtures...you amaze me...you put things together sooooo wonderfully....i need help over here.....i'm doing door knobs....aaaahhh i want the 99 dollar black ones and i can't have them...hahahah grandma knight used to have them through her house...i can't believe the one i remember her having on most of her doors goes for 130 each door.....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh

Adrienne said...

Love that old barn door headboard! Great find. :) And that Azalea bush is so pretty. Can you transplant that in your yard in the spring? Soon we'll be outside planting flowers... :)

Mary Margaret said...

Hey Kelly, I LOVE the head board. That is something that I would do too, the more rustic the better in my eyes. I love seeing the pictures of your house coming together. Sorry to hear about your Grandmother. I know that you were close to her.
Love to you,
Mary Margaret

Anonymous said...

love it....... hope to visit sometime this year...... hugs to all..

Unknown said...

Just BEAUTIFUL!!! WOW! Krista