Tuesday, November 16, 2010

More Progress

Its funny how people sometimes think that I am creative in my decorating. I consider myself really a copy cat! I often look through my magazines and tear out what I'd like to copy. This is what my little side table in my kitchen looks like. I have our tile, carpet samples, paint chips, bathroom vanity etc., all layed out to see how it will all come together. I'm going very neutral this time around. We'll see, I might regret it.

Above is taken from the kitchen. We widened the door way a little into the family room.

After taking down dark paneling and having it drywalled, we painted the family room walls and ceiling. We also took out the gas stove and brick floor it was on. We kept the brick wall and plan to put our tv on the black table. We are also carpeting this room to give it some warmth. With hardwood floors in the rest of the house, the boys miss a place to wrestle!

The picture above is a shot of the door way between our family room and our future master bedroom. If you go to the left, that is a long hallway that will be our mudroom for coats and shoes etc. (picture below) If you remember at all, this doorway pictured above was our previous doorway to the garage. It had a storm door and 2 steps down to the cement floor.
Its amazing the transformation.

This is the corner of our master bath. I am so excited to see this finished. We had a friend from church make a vanity that I had asked him to copy from pottery barn. I can't believe how it turned out. Its exactly what I was hoping for.
This week Scott and some help are doing the tile floor in the bathroom and mudroom. Next will be carpet, trim and doors. The end is in sight! I'm so proud of my husband for all of his hard work and dedication to getting this project done. It's hard to believe we started just 3 short months ago.

3 comments:

pammycakes said...

incredible..........love it and i do love the colors for the bathroom/bedroom...very nice girl.....i might need your help....soon i hope....:)

Adrienne said...

Wahoo! Fun to see the progress. Keep the pictures coming... :) So neat to see what all has been done in such a short time since we were there this summer!

Hope E said...

I don't think you'll regret it. I like the colors and carpet!!! I can't wait to see it when it's done!!! Thanks for the comment that encouraged me for the week!!