Saturday, August 16, 2008

Cookout crashers

I will post of our week at "the farm" soon but first I wanted to tell you about our night last night. We had planned to have a family over from our ABF class from church for a Wii party. I had made homemade pizza, she was bringing salad and we were going to have a Wii Olympics with the kids. Little did we know that there are others in the class that started a cookout crasher group. Have you hear of them? Be prepared... they can show up at your house at any moment...without warning. And they did.:) As I was pulling the pizzas out, here come family after family (about 40 people total:)from all directions filling my back yard. They brought food, food and more food, plates, cups, drinks...everything they needed to have a party at someone else's house...even the propane to grill out. Their thought was to actually set up at someones house when they were gone and give them a surprise when they returned home. Can you imagine? They had a volley ball net, chairs, tables, grill utensils....I told them I would be sad if I had come home to my own house and had missed the party! They even invited our neighbors who have become great friends of ours. We played games outside, ate, talked and even ended up next door for coffee at 11:30 p.m with the few of us that were left. Scott and I still can't believe what happened. We had a blast and are so grateful for wonderful friends and church family.


We reminisced about the days when it was "ok" to stop in unexpectedly to a friends house. What happened to that? I think now we worry about what they will think or of interrupting something. We decided we're going to do more of it. It really shows you care enough to stop and say hello! Any thoughts on that? I'd love to hear them.

5 comments:

pammycakes said...

how fun!!! that would be so funny to see....and shocking to come home too.........i remember the days that we never locked doors either....those were the good old days.....were your potties clean??

Carrie said...

So much fun!

dizzysnux said...

How exciting..I hope they do that to me on the island when the house is finished....Loved the pictures of the pig farm.. Maddie had her 10th B-day party at the farm and had 10 girls and 12 boys... Wendy had all the games planned ,food ,and was so much fun.....

Tammy said...

Watch out Kelly, we might just do it again!! You were so gracious!! It was a blast!

Tammy said...

Too much fun!! Watch out Kelly we might just show up again!! You were so gracious!! We love you guys!!