Sunday, April 27, 2008

A long awaited "Date Night"


Now I often tease my husband about the fact that after he got the ring on my finger, he believed his chase was off and he had conquered the battle. But he out did him self this weekend:) He had arranged weeks ago for a date night. He booked the sitter (none other than the very best Miss Jen) and even borrowed a friends (VERY nice)
car for the night. I was laughing at him all night. He was like a boy with a brand new (borrowed) toy. I'll never understand guys and cars I guess! We first headed to my new favorite store, Plato's closet ( I know Ade, you told me about it over a year ago!) to shop a bit then to dinner at a very nice place in South Bend called Trio's. We had been given a gift card back in February and were anxious to use it. We got back not too late to put the boys in bed. Owen (5) asked me "mom... did you and daddy smooch in the car with the top down?" I said, "you betcha!" He thought that was pretty gross of course. But that's ok for now I guess:) Over all we had a great night. Thank you honey! I love you so much.

6 comments:

Carrie said...

So fun Kelly! Great job Scott!

Amy said...

What a great story! I love the "smooching" comment...hilarious! Glad you had a fun time!

pammycakes said...

good for you two to get away....glad you had the opportunity..busy lives with 5 boys...i remember a valentine day when joy and i wanted to go out to dinner but we had no dates (or husbands for that matter) so we dressed up all the kids...6 of them and went out anyhow.....it was fun!!
p.s. kelly cragier you quit smoochin!!!

dizzysnux said...

Yes, kelly you quit smoochin, it gets you in trouble.... Owen is too cute.... How does he know about that stuff.....hee hee... with a dad like his he ought to know....
Good for you two ,dates are important in these days...

Adrienne said...

I bet you two felt like teenagers. Good job, Scott. Way to win some points. I'll be sure to show Jeff this posting... :)

K, thanks for the tip on the plane tix. We got em this morning, for $240/person. We felt like that was a great deal. (way better than $400 we saw everywhere else.) You're the BEST!
p.s. It was fun to "see" you and talk on skype yesterday. :)

Anonymous said...

Dating is so much fun. Our kids will often ask when they know we are going out if we are going to kiss. We tell them of course we will, they think its gross too. Mike is a little jealous of the car, guys and cars!