Wednesday, March 7, 2012

16 weeks

Pregnancy update:
I am 16 weeks along and I feel great!  I had a few weeks of feeling sick, a couple of the days were
 pretty bad but not much to complain about.  I say it gives me a glimpse of what some of my friends 
feel their whole 9 months.  
For those of you who don't know, we have decided to have a home birth this time.  I am VERY excited about this opportunity.  We have been recommended to a midwife about 40 minutes from here and I really like her.  She is very down to earth (but not too down to earth, as some are:).  She provides great prenatal care as well as post and well baby care.  Some have asked why we have chosen this and there are many factors that played into the decision but most of all, I love the fact that I will have the one on one care and KNOW she will be there to deliver my baby!  I think only 2 of my 5 deliveries were actually with the doctor/midwife I saw each month.  Davis was actually half way delivered with out anyone in the room but Scott and I.  I anticipate a very natural delivery in the comfort of my own home.  Another question people have asked is what we'll do with the boys...we honestly don't know yet.  We look forward to them all being there soon after the baby is born and we are cleaned up and decent:) but as far when I am laboring, we'll see how that goes.  There are many unknowns as always with having a baby.  I see it as yet another opportunity to place my trust in my Savior who is in control of it all and has a perfect plan!

Jeremiah 29:11

 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

7 comments:

Julie said...

That isn't you!!!!...you sure didn't look like that last week:):) That's actually a super cute picture, and I hope your home birth goes wonderful!

Carrie said...

Adorable as always! So awesome for a home birth! Exciting!!

pammycakes said...

i love your belly bump

pammycakes said...

i love your belly bump

Tanya said...

You. are. too. cute!! :) So excited for you and your family!! #6 will surely bring more joy & laughter than God has already blessed your home with!! And I'll be praying about your home birth- sounds like a good plan!! And that's one of my favorite verses- became one right after my Mom passed away! He sure is in control and He will take care of you & this baby! Love you, Kelly!!! <3 Big hug from Argentina!!!

Sherrill Christen said...

you look like you are having a girl... HURRAH!!!!!!!! i am soo excited, so can't wait to get home and get some cute things.....
Praying all goes well....

Anonymous said...

I stumbled on your blog through a friends blog and saw that you are expecting your sixth, and having a homebirth. I wanted to encourage you to do exactly what you said, keep trusting in the Master Planner.. We are overdue for our sixth (and sixth homebirth) and right now it's a target time for the enemy to bring fear, even though the other 5 times were woderful. Scripture helps and friends who are prayer warriors.. trusting with you. Congratulations and best wishes with your first girl! How exciting!! Each child is such a blessing and truly God's treasured gift to us.