Thursday, December 15, 2011

Yay for Organization!

My father-in-law is retired and is very gifted in carpentry.  He recently asked what he could be working on for possible gifts for my birthday and/or Christmas.  Of course I had lots of ideas.  I gave him a picture I had found in a magazine of what I had in mind for our recent addition, hallway/mudroom.  Here has been our constant dilemma...shoes.  Each person has at least 2 pair of shoes.  Multiply that by 7...we have 28 shoes (14 pairs) needing a home.  Coats...don't even get me started.  Last winter was a nightmare.  Kids don't take the time to hang coats on a hanger and our hall tree could only take so much:)



So....Here is what he made me.  It's not quite finished yet but so close.  I had the idea to take the old door that came off the bedroom upstairs and cut it into 4 pieces and make 4 benches.  My father-in-law then made these shelves for me to display some of the boys' artwork over the years.  We now have 22 hooks and 4 benches to hide shoes under.  So far its working out great.  I plan to put end pieces on each side and paint the wall white to make it look like a 'built in'.  But for now, we are happy to have hooks!

1 comment:

pammycakes said...

love love love it.......send him my way please.....