Monday, August 22, 2011

Before and After

Patio project...CHECK!
We have been working on our patio, which I know I posted pics of when we were in the middle of the process. Well, we are happy to say we are done, with the patio itself. Here are some pics of the process...


Above was taken before we purchased the house. I wish I had a close up. The previous owner had a beautiful koi pond under the tree. Unfortunately we weren't crazy about having a water source around, for the upkeep and with having kids around. Plus we had to put in a new septic system and it was dug right under the pond...so we took it out. It was a lot of work, with huge boulders, rocks of all sizes, plastic upon plastic liner and tons of frogs!

Here is the back of the house after the addition was done. It stayed like this for almost a year...

In June we started to prepare the area. Scott and I didn't necessarily enjoy the work, but we did enjoy working together on it:)

We had the patio poured. A friend helped Scott stamp it with a roller and colored it with 2 tones and sealed it. Scott and I did the rock walls and landscaping and look forward to planting flowers next spring. We enjoy sitting out side with privacy. This last week, Scott and another friend put in a door there where the big (broken) window is in the corner. Steps are being built this week. More pics to come!



2 comments:

Adrienne said...

It's lookin' good! I'm sure you'll love having a place to relax and eat outside.

pammycakes said...

i love the porch...and i love the stonework too..the tree is just as you described it...perfect with your table underneath....looking forward to more pic's...i want to see the stamp pattern please.....:)