Saturday, August 23, 2008

A very interesting week

This last week was very.....interesting to say the least. I tried to choose a word that wasn't too negative, realizing that God has a purpose for everything. (Even the stomach flu. ) I was all geared up for our first day of school which was this past Monday. I am trying to be more organized this year (aren't we all?) and spent some time on our Microsoft Works program coming up with assignment pages for me to fill in and print out for the boys each week. That way they know each week what is expected and gives them the opportunity to work ahead if they desire. I have found that they do better if they can "cross out" things when they get them done. (I think they get that from me:) I also came up with a chore chart with morning chores like making their bed and brushing their teeth and daily chores like emptying and filling the dishwasher. I felt pretty good about the week starting until someone came to get me during our evening ABF at church to tell me Davis threw up in his class....a couple of times. That led to Owen on Monday, Hudson on Thurs. and myself on Friday. Luckily it was a quick virus lasting less than 24 hours. Not quite the week I was anticipating that's for sure. Other than that, we had a good week. We added a couple of subjects so the boys have a bit more seatwork this year but they are handling it pretty well. I am especially proud of Reis. He has a strong desire to be at ECA but is submitting to Scott and I amazingly well. Our plan is to send him next year in Jr. High so we are trying to enjoy this last year home together.


In the midst of the chaos, we managed to get a few pics of Chapman and Owen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Owen, you are doing great with your numbers.... proud of you!!!
Trust you are all feeling better!!
Nanny should be home now,right??
this is me sherrill not DIck,somehow it is coming up on his name...

Christine said...

Kelly, I'm sorry you had a hard week. Good job on staying positive. I would have given up on school on day one. Kudos to you for stickin' it out!

BTW, Your blog looks great. I don't remember seeing that one - great choice!

Hope your 2nd week of school is 100% better than the first. (Surely, it can't get worse, right?)