Friday, March 28, 2008

Chances of Survival

My poor little daffodils! Yes, we got another snow fall yesterday and through the night. This is Spring???? I hope they survive! If you know the chances, let me know. I haven't planted them before:)

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

My husband, Mr. Landscaper, says you have a good chance with them, b/c they're spring flowers and they're used to cold temps... Hopeo they survive! I remember our pretty iris we got from Junelle and planted. Yours were HUGE! :)

dizzysnux said...

poor little plants, they should be ok.
grampa knight could tell you!!!!!
he loved his flowers and know how to care for them..
it is spring here,nice sunny day today.... but suppose to rain tomorrow..

Christine said...

Kelly,
Your daffodils are so much further along than mine are! I agree with the others that they should be fine. I practically come to tears every year because the snow always comes to chill them, even into April. I remember posting about it last year. Oh yes, we do live in a strange climate. But keep your chin up! Before you know it, all the flowers will be blooming and the windows will be open wide. I can't wait!
Have a great week!

pammycakes said...

they do survive....and are pretty too boot!! dont' water them though.....the snow is okay but the ice would kill them......and summer is here in texas and it sucks!!! 87 and humid....i would take the snow anyday!!!! uuugggghhh

Betsy Nickel Photography said...

Kelly,
You can always put a blanket over them to keep them warm during a frost or snow fall. They are hardy and will be okay! It's off to Florida for us though, so I guess we won't have to worry about that anymore! :o)
Betsy