Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Calling all your Creativity!

OK, I am counting on all my creative blogging friends! I am hosting Thanksgiving dinner for both sides Thanksgiving day. I am on the search for some creative unique ideas for my table.(its not about the food for me, rather the decor:)

I've been scouring my Country Living and Country Home magazines for ideas for place mats, centerpieces, place cards, napkin holder etc..... If you have any easy fun ideas, pass them on:)

2 comments:

katie lynn said...

Try marthastewart.com and search for cornhusk votives and any of the thanksgiving placeholders under the thankgiving section and crafts. Some of them are adorable! I used the pumpkin arrangements for a bridal shower this fall and they were beautiful!

pammycakes said...

okay.....table cloth and lace overlay first.....mustard greens whatever color you are going for, then a leaf garland running down the center of the table... make sure it's not straight.....tuck into the bend areas, a candle, a pumpkin, tall architecture pillars, anything you have around the house that looks old...arrange that stuff inbetween the leaves down the middle of the table......it looks great when it's done.....then....for name cards....have the boys trace their hands, paint them like a turkey and you print the names of those coming on each one......put a hole punch in them and wrap the napkins with the turkey and twine....then each has a piece of artwork from the boys to take home..