Having 5 boys, I don't think we ever thought about how busy we would be allowing them to explore the world of sports. Scott and I try to limit what they are involved in, simply because we are unable to do it all! We've encouraged our older boys to pick 2 sports that they really like and can excel in. I told Scott last night, we should have said 1:) When they are young, each year we let them try different things in hopes that by the time they reached Jr. high, they would settle into 2 sports. That has worked for Hudson and Reis. They both have chosen basketball and golf. Although, Reis just informed us this week that he thinks he'd like to try tennis this fall..."just for the fun of it and to keep in shape".
Sorry! It's against the Yoder house rules:) haha!
Davis tried baseball last year and like it but this year he wanted to try soccer. Being the youngest of 5 boys, he pretty much is taught to 'blend in' by his older brothers. That really was evident his first couple of soccer games and practices. We were surprised, actually, at how UN-aggressive he was! Most of the game, he walked around the field with his hands in his pockets, unsure of what to do really and not wanting to bring attention to his self. But over the last month, he has really improved and gained a lot of confidence. It was so good for him to be involved in a team sport...that didn't involve his siblings!
His coach telling him "go after the ball!"
I have been able to make it to a couple of Reis' golf matches. He's done pretty well. I'm learning that golf is a very unpredictable game. There are so many logistics to remember, perfect... and perfect again to really do well. Right off the bat, he won a freshman tournament that hosted over 70 high school freshman from around the area. I was able to be there for that one. Hudson has also played this year on the 7th grade team. He's also done well. I hope to get to a match this week and will post pictures.
The 3 youngest have fun being 'goofy'! This is what they did a couple of Saturdays ago. Shot things with their BB guns...in their robes. I wondered what the cars driving by were thinking!
Here is what mom is doing...growing! Baby girl bump is growing well. She is very active. I hope I never forget that feeling of movement in my belly! There is nothing like it:)
2 comments:
i love baby girl bump....and i love the bb guns and robes...instead of the rock group guns and roses it could be the yoder boys guns and robes.....hahhahahhah anyhow..proud of the boys and their accomplishments in sports....it keeps them out of trouble for sure....:)
oh my, you all look great.... and that baby girl is growing.. you look just like you did whenyou carried the boys.......beautiful.
Post a Comment