Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Some of my favorite things...

Last week I was able to paint our kitchen.  I have been waiting to do this for over a year now.  I had to wait for our door to be put in, trim to be switched out etc.  Construction has such a domino effect!  But finally...it was time.  The kitchen was beautiful to begin with.  Brand new cabinets and flooring.  It just wasn't "me". There are 4 large lights in the kitchen.  These lights were with the house when we bought it.  In efforts to not spend more money, I decided I could spray paint them.  I was able to get 2 of the 4 done before the cold weather came. They were a hunter green color.  The creme softens them up a lot.  We also have barn red counter tops.  Something else I would probably change..well...if money grew on trees:)  So we'll make them work for now.  I chose a blue/gray color for the kitchen.  I love the result.  Here is a before and after picture. Of course the before picture was taken in the summer when no one lived in the house.  


 Scott helped me arrange this area.  It serves as a buffet table/coffee area.  In the past I've stacked the cabinets but last week we had a thought to separate them.  We also hung this verse. 
It's definitely Christmas inside our home.  I put up our fake tree in our family room with all of 
my Shiny Bright  glass balls.  



 We had fun cutting down our real tree this past weekend as well.  It sits in the family room and is decorated with the boys' ornaments they have made over the years.  

I hope you are enjoying the season!  We had our first snow fall tonight. 
 Although it didn't stick, the boys are very excited.  I am too...I guess:)

1 comment:

pammycakes said...

kelly i love your trees....they are beautiful...and i love your coffee area...neat idea....love the saying and the shelf too....and i do love your kitchen color and the lights white...good job.....love love love your home...hope to see it next fall....:) miss you....