Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Our month in a nutshell

We closed on our home in Granger on July 2nd. We had a tremendous amount of help on both ends. Our friends and neighbors helped us all day and night before we closed. We had our last camp fire in our backyard.

It was very sad leaving our house that had been home for 3 short years and saying goodbye to the best neighbors anyone could ask for. They were so much more than neighbors, they had become dear friends.

We loaded up one 20 ft. pod, 2 enclosed trailers, several pick up trucks and a couple of vans. We arrived in Plymouth with over 50 people waiting to unload! You know the saying, "many hands make less work"? We had it:)

The cars lined both directions


Our new home


We tried to get settled for 6 days then we were off for a vacation that we had planned for the last year, to Florida. We enjoyed doing nothing but beach, pool...pool and beach. It was wonderful to relax after our very busy 2 weeks.

I think Davis is flexing here...
Our condo was on the 20th floor. It was breathtaking!


We celebrated Owen's birthday while we were there. Another family from our new church was vacationing just 15 minutes away that same week. We enjoyed a day together and ended with cake and ice cream. Happy 8th Birthday Owen Joseph!


Our view every morning. Scott and I enjoyed our quiet time and coffee every morning before the boys got up. I've decided that when ever I have a stressful day, I will close my eyes and take myself back to those mornings. Amazingly beautiful!


My 5 little men
And now...we are back home. Trying to get organized and enjoy our last few weeks of summer before school starts. I know many are awaiting pics of our new home. I will post soon!

4 comments:

Betsy Nickel Photography said...

ahhh...your life sounds very similar to ours right now! We took a sweet vacation to Florida as well and stayed ON the beach and only did pool/beach/pool/beach....it was AWESOME and we can't wait to do it again! ;))

Then we most recently moved back to up north Michigan and we're LOVING it! We've been here a week and we're all settled and unpacked.....quick...just the way I like it! ;)

Enjoy your new home and getting settled!
Love,
Betsy @
A Day In The Life...

dizzysnux said...

Beautiful pictures and am so happy for the time of refreshment....

Brittany Brown said...

Kelly! Your new home is beautiful! You will have to post pictures of how you decorate! I can't wait to see.......I promise whenever I go shopping I try to think of how you might use it and I've started my own inspiration book like you had! Love you!! :)

pammycakes said...

i wait anxiously for your posts....i miss you blogging often but i know you are a busy momma....pics are great and it looks like you had a wonderful time at the beach....see we need to live at the beach....just 15 minutes away from each other...i'll get working on it...:) see you soon....so excited!! i love spending time with you!