Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Abundance

I sat down to write this post and I have an overwhelming sense of joy, thankfulness, excitement, amazement, anxiousness... For some reason unknown to us, God has once again blessed us in selling our home. In the midst of it, it felt like forever. But looking back, having a house on the market in this economy, in this area, for only 112 days is very uncommon. We were absolutely shocked when we got a call from our realtor telling us we have an offer. We signed papers this morning and will be closing the first of July (Lord willing).
For the last several months, I have been reading a devotional called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. This woman has been a missionary all her life. She had for years written in a prayer journal after reading the Word but decided one day to listen to God with pen in hand, writing down whatever she believed He was saying to her. Each day has daily scripture to read and then her thoughts on what God wants us to do with it. Here is what I read yesterday after hearing the offer that was made on our home.

As you sit quietly in My Presence, remember that I am a God of abundance.
I will never run out of resources; My capacity to bless you is unlimited.
You live in a world of supply and demand, where necessary
things are often scarce. Even if you personally have enough, you see poverty
in the world around you. It is impossible for you to comprehend the lavishness of
My provisions: the fullness of My glorious riches.
Rejoice in My abundance-- living by faith, not by sight.
Phil. 4:19; 2 Cor. 5:7
I may never know why God has chosen to bless me in the way He has. My prayer is that I never loose sight of the fullness of His Glorious Riches ...no matter what happens here on earth.

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Congrats! Yay! Such an answer to prayer! Do you guys have a place to live in Plymouth yet?

the back door said...

i needed to hear that devotional this morning! thanks for sharing - and i am rejoicing with you guys and can't wait to really be able to hang out. jack, of course, is excited to have his new friend living here!!

Erica said...

That is so beautiful. So awesome that you have proof of God's work in your life. I also love the song you have in the background. One of my new favorites. Hope to catch up with you soon! Erica

pammycakes said...

my sweet kelly...it's right there at the end of the verse...why God continues to bless you abundantly....because you live by faith....your one special lady....so happy for you...now go find me a farm house....:)

Tammy said...

Wow! Praise His Name!! He never ceases to amaze me with His faithfulness!! His timing is just right, never to early and never too late! May His glory be seen in all that we do!! I love ya!Let me know when we are moving ya!

Adrienne said...

Kelly, This is so amazing and wonderful to see how God has answered our prayers and abundantly blessed your family. We are so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

I love that we have a connection to the buyer, AND the excitement of God's amazing timing; a seller anxious to sell, and a buyer surprised by wanting to buy! Love it.......only God! Love and lots of prayers, Lori