In honor of Valentines day we had Scott's parents, brother and family over and we made personal pizzas. Of course most did a heart then added their favorite toppings.
Not bad! And oh so yummy. I got this recipe from a friend and it has taken me years to perfect. She would say its the easiest to do but I feel like mine turns out different every time. I will share!
Pizza Dough (makes 4 pizzas)
Combine 2 TBLS yeast with 2 cups of lukewarm water
let this sit for 5-10 min. until the yeast has dissolved and foamed a bit
Add
1 and 1/2 cups of water
1/4 c. honey
1 TBLS. salt
8 cups flour
I have a kitchen aid that I put it all into and using the kneading hook, I mix for a good 3-5 min. until the dough is a ball and not sticking to the sides. Otherwise the easiest way is to do it with your hands until it forms a ball.
Take it out and on your floured counter, knead for several minutes. My friend described it as kneading until it 'bounces back' at you. You'll feel the consistency change to more of a rubbery feel.
Let rise for up to 2 hours or not at all.
Roll out to 4 pizzas or less and use the remainder for great bread sticks!
Here's the key: when you go to bake your pizzas, start them out in a cold oven and set the degrees for 495. Bake until cheese is golden brown
Good luck!
3 comments:
We have had this recipe for about 3 years now and I think I have perfected ours as well! I love it and we eat it every Friday night!! :))) Thank you for sharing the recipe with me years ago!! Betsy :))
I have been working to "perfect" a home pizza crust as well, so I am excited to try yours! Thanks!
How cute are you! What a great idea--heart pizzas. I love it!
Post a Comment