Two good friends and I spent a day this week making homemade applesauce.
Boy was it fun and boy is it yummy!
We did 4 bushels of apples in about 4 hours. With 2 kitchenaid mixer attatchments (one was mine that I had been saving up for...great investment!), 3 adults, a handful of kids...it went pretty smoothly. I canned several quarts but froze the rest in baggies. Here is the step by step!

Cutting each apple into quarters

Boiling them down until they are mushy

I am just realizing I didn't take a picture of us feeding the apples into the mixer. Out one end comes the cores, seeds and peel and the other end comes this...

Filled the bags

Here is my stash for the winter. I froze most of my veggies but wanted to give a try at canning. Looking forward to having fresh from the garden vegetables this winter.
4 comments:
YOUR SUPER MOM.........AND MY HERO.......LOOKS DEL...ISHHHHHHHHHHH..
Wow, you go girl. Makes me think of Laura and Mary in Little House on the Prairie... :)
Kel! I wish I could come over and we could make buckeyes...and then eat them all! Me and Indian food are not friends and I would LOOOVE buckeyes and applesauce both right now!! :)
Yummy!! I love making applesauce! :D I use my grandma's old, old applesauce grinder.
Putting them in ziploc bags is a very great idea! I usually do jars, but bags would save a lot of space in the fridge or freezer!! Thanks for the tip!
Happy Fall!! :D
Post a Comment