Monday, February 16, 2009

My tree project

I have been eyeing these little trees on the front of this magazine since I received this issue last year. I actually found some at a local antique store for $30 each. I would not pay that much so I thought I would try to make them myself. Here is the story...
I started with an old pot, I already had.

The boys found me a good stick from our backyard.

I did have to purchase the greenery, floral tape and Styrofoam.

Ta-Dah! I am very happy with my little tree that cost me a total of $4.50!

I even had enough to make 2:)

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Very cute Kel!! You're so thrifty :)

pammycakes said...

i knew you would have them made soon....you are something else...i love it.....why didn't we do more of these things together when we were close???? huh???? you are so talented!!! and frugal.....are you feeding the boys more than once a day now???? hahahahhahahaha

Danette said...

Super cute. I am very impressed. I am actually looking around my house to see where I could put them. I might just have to try to it.

dizzysnux said...

Hey, i want to make those... I am doing a limb,put it a pot with plaster of paris, got a really pretty pot today and have painted the tree white... pot is aqua.
I saw one downtown in a store and it was $259.00.. I made it for about 40.00
I want to find white lights with white cord and then put glass fish on it.....will post on my blog soon

Adrienne said...

Your trees look super cute. I wish I was there to make them with you! I love how you think! :)