Monday, September 15, 2008
The Wilderness story
Yes, I survived! It was a tough week for me. Our first 4 days were pretty wet, cold and windy. God blessed us with 48 hours of sun and warmth ( low 70's) which was wonderful. Those were great b/c those were our solo days and a day we had planned to hang out at the same campsite for a night. We literally baked on a rock enjoying the sunshine. Even came home with some color:) God was so good to us. He kept us safe, gave us strength and endurance and kept the rain back at least while we were setting up camp, building a fire and packing up each morning. One morning, it was cloudy while we were packing up and I am not kidding when I say as soon as we started to put our back packs into the canoe, it started pouring/dumping rain. That was a true blessing. Food was great and I slept pretty good considering. We deepened and built lasting friendships for sure. Scott and I enjoyed our time away together. We were able to talk about our marriage and boys and do some goal setting and planning for the future. We came back excited and refreshed and I am grateful for that. Thank you to all who prayed. I could feel your prayers working:) Enjoy the pictures below. If you click to "view all", you can read the captions I wrote:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Awwww. Kelly we just looked at your pics and Jeff said, "I want to go!" We wish we could have been on your trip. Glad you made it and survived. You're tough!
I honestly don't understand that comment:)))
wow....looks like you had a wonderful time..beautiful pictures and so happy you could get away and enjoy each other and friends!! and i love the moose!! any baby mooses???
How great for the both of you...Nanny said kids were great.... our new time for moving is Oct 28... house will be done..
Post a Comment