Sunday, January 27, 2008

Disclaimer

Yes, I am posting Sunday a.m. Some virus finally caught up to the Yoders. We were fortunate enough to escape any illnesses yet this winter....until now. So I am home with 2 this morning. I really miss worshipping on Sunday's when I am not able to go. I have been listening to some live services on the web. It is not the same of course:) I hope you were able to enjoy praising and learning about our Lord this morning. I'd love to hear from you! Tell me your favorite part of the worship service you attended:)

3 comments:

pammycakes said...

i think you'll still make it into heaven!! in fact i am positive!! hearing the word shared faithfully is my favorite part....

Adrienne said...

Sad you guys aren't feeling so well. Here are a few quotes from the end of our gathering this a.m.:

"Without Christ, not one step. With Him, anywhere." (Charles Livingston)

"Let my heart be broken with the things that break God's heart."

Our pastor was talking about leaving a legacy of faith to our children, and he spoke of some of our "Christian fathers" (like Jim Elliot, Paul from the Bible, etc.). Anyway, at the end, they read several quotes from martyrs, etc. It was so powerful. So often I get so caught up in the piddly little stuff of earth. Great reminder that what's eternal is what truly matters.

Love you, friend.
Adrienne

Unknown said...

Hello from Moody! :)Its good to see how your family is doin!! I stumbled on your blog through Ade's!!

A thought I've been challeged with lately is how I portray God to those I'm trying to reach. Especially to the kids I hang out with on the South Side, their view of who Jesus is often only going to be formed by what I tell them or show them. One of my professors always tells me,
"Your ministry is only going to be as big as God is to you."
Bless you all!! Tell Scott I say hello!